Stoic Feed

Ziaire Beckham

“Kindness is a much more crushing force.” -Samael Aun Weor

In daily life, our thoughts are charged with emotions and can lead to very powerful thoughts, which can lead to more of an impact if these thoughts are put into action. But we have to be aware of the power carried in this product of the brain, and direct it into a more leveled output.  

“The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” -Carlos Castaneda

This quote, specifically when it mentions “the amount of work is the same,” made me think about the law of conservation of energy, as the feelings that are formed in our being can’t simply be created or destroyed. They can only be transferred like the movement of one’s will to reach a state that meets their wishes.

When Plato first met Socrates:

Plato: “Why don’t you ever have a girlfriend?”

Socrates: “You ask too many questions.”

Meaning: This joke relates to the irony in Socrates problem with questioning, an action that is practically a hobby for him, going as far as asking himself questions.

Upon waking, a woman said to her husband, “I just dreamt that you gave me a necklace of pearls. What do you think it means?”

The man smiled and kissed his wife. “You’ll know tonight,” he softly whispered.

That evening, the man came home with a small package, which he gave to his wife. She jumped up and embraced him, and then settled on the couch to slowly and delicately unwrap the package.

It contained a book entitled, ‘The Meaning of Dreams’.

Meaning: This is a bit of a misinterpretation joke—the man’s wife really was hoping for that necklace, but got something else for her dream.